I’ve been given a nod, a kudos, a pat on the back, and most importantly a “keep it up.” While it’s definitely true that I write this blog not so much caring that others read but it has been awesome to get private messages telling me how my stories & craziness has helped them in some way. Makes my heart a little warmer and bigger (Visualize the Grinch with me please 😉 My friend, Allison, over at Funny Shade of Green has bequeathed unto me a Liebster Award! In the spirit of paying-it-forward, bloggers all around the interwebs encourage newbies like me to keep writing and spread the word about up and coming blogs like Giggles & Goodness. A big blushing thanks to Goose & Allison (seriously, subscribe to this blog…I’ve learned so much!!)
So now it’s my turn to spur on some rockin’ writers that I’ve come to love:
1. Remember to Breathe: Written by Cassie Husby, this blog will literally have you cheering and praying all at the same time! Cassie is a wife to Husby as I call him, and momma to Laila (who has the greatest curly hair ever…I’m so jealous of a little kid’s hair!). Cassie battles Cystic Fibrosis and blogs about her struggles & triumphs…and her bucket list! Yes, a bucket list but it’s AWESOME! She’s checking things off left and right and I LOVE reading about it.
2. Little House in the Big City:Britt Schwartz is a new friend of mine from a momma’s group down here in Fort Myers. She is a loving Christian momma who is sharing her excitement as she preps for her home birth after having 2 C-sections. She’s a wealth of knowledge and I can’t help but be excited for her as I read her updates and watch her little baby bump grow! Landon is set to make his appearance around Thanksgiving and following Britt’s blog will give you the ins and outs of homebirthing!
3. To Sleep or Not to Sleep…: I met Jackie 8 years ago (holy moly guacamole…8 years!!!) when I was a newbie teacher at my first call in Maitland, FL. Jackie’s husband was the teacher in the very next classroom and without Jackie & Brian’s help and advice…I surely wouldn’t have survived those first few teaching years. Jackie & Brian have two beautiful and growing kiddos. Jackie journals about her ups and downs getting the help and support they need for their son, who has been diagnosed with autism. It brings tears to my eyes to read the major triumphs that Christian has and gives me lots to pray about when the lows come around. Read Jackie’s blog and you will learn so much about the world of autism. You will be hooked…trust me.
4. Momnmy Stuff: Sarah is the most down-to-earth-but-focused-on-heaven mommy I know. She has a way of saying just the right thing at the right time and her perspective and focus on her Savior is something I want to have so desperately. She’s only written a few entries and this is my sly way of telling her to write more…because I need more! Sarah, for all of us, please teach us, yoda!
5. Natural Momma in an Unnatural World: Joylynn is new friend of mine from the interwebs who lives literally 10 minutes from me. She is mommy to an almost one-year-old little blessing. She writes from the heart in a way that just makes you feel like you’ve known her forever. She and I have found that we have lots in common, most importantly that we are striving to raise faith-filled little Christian kiddos. Keep on writing, Miss Joylynn…it always helps!
And now…the next part of the deal is that I write five random factoids about myself. This might be the hardest part of this whole post…what to tell, what to tell???
1. I still have my Rainbow Brite bedsheets from 1984. If I slept in a twin bed, I’d still be using them.
2. I dress my dog up in the “winter.” She likes sweaters…she’s not a big fan of the ginormous bow we put on her last Christmas.
3. I’ve so far made it through half of my courses towards my Masters degree in Reading Education. However, since birthing my sweet little Laura, I’m leaking brain matter. I don’t think at this point in time I could put together a coherent academic sentence in order to finish…we shall see…
4. I LOVE The Office (U.S. version) and shamefully I tear up every time Jim & Pam get married. And I say “every time” because I have watched the first 6 seasons…repeatedly.
5. I two OCD tendencies that I will now admit: First, I have to have the toilet paper with the roll coming over top. I’ll even switch it in bathrooms that are not in my house. Secondly, I rearrange the gum in the checkout aisles so the packs are all facing the same way. I know…I have issues. You don’t need to say it 😉
Now to those 5 fabulous bloggers I listed above, you have a little bit of work to do…you’re welcome.
Here you go:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs to give the Liebster Blog Award to. (Blogs must have less than 200 followers.)
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve received the award.
And I will – gladly.
5. Share five random facts about yourself!