I don’t like lists…at all. Well I should specify. I loathe to-do lists with an unholy passion. But today I was playing with my little LL and being my ever-so-reflective-self I was thinking about how much she has changed in a short nine months. So here’s a non-to-do list!
- LL genuinely thinks I’m funny. She giggles & cracks up at the absolute silliest & dumbest things I do. If I could get paid for her giggles, I’d be a millionaire…I’m that good. 😉
- LL thinks bouncing and jumping is one of God’s greatest gifts. She loves her Johnny Jump & would bounce it in for hours if I let her.
- LL actually reaches for me now. She wholeheartedly loves her scraggly, sleep-deprived, stinky & sweaty (hello, I live in Florida) mommy so much that even when I’m totally gross, she reaches for me. Sigh…one of God’s gifts to me.
- LL mimics what she hears now. She is the definition of a chatterbox. I have no idea where she gets that from 😉 She even repeated “Go, go, go!” in the car the other day! I better watch my road rage.
- LL is a singer & music lover. She joined in the Hallelujah Chorus on Easter Sunday & frequently sits up while I’m rocking her at bedtime and “sings” along. It’s HILARIOUS. I do wonder though when she reaches up & shuts my mouth while I’m singing…..hmmmmm…..
- LL gives kisses now. Granted we usually get slobbered on with her mouth gaping open but still…a baby kiss is a baby kiss!
- LL is definitely starting to develop some real personality. Scratch that…she’s found more ways to show the personality that has always been there. Since day one, this kiddo has been doing things on her own. She held her head up in the hospital the day she was born for goodness’ sake! Now she only wants to eat from her bottle if I let her try and hold it first.
- LL loves to eat veggies, lots of veggies. The fact that I have a baby old enough to be eating real food is mind boggling but I love that she is already I better eater than I ever was.
- LL lights up when her daddy comes in. She truly adores that goofball. Since he started working from home she looks out her bedroom door for him as soon as I get her up from her naps. *Melting my heart*
- LL hugs & snuggles more than ever. She has never been the lay on mommy’s chest type of girl (see point #7..yeah that strong-willed, determined personality one…;) Now at night time I get legitimate snuggles. She lays her head on my shoulder & presses her cheek to mine & even goes forehead to forehead with me like she’s got some big secret to share.
Goodness I am totally in love with a nine month old & not a bit ashamed of it! 😉